What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is a practice where you pay attention to thoughts, feelings and sensations and become directly aware of them, so you can manage them more effectively.
While rooted in Eastern meditation practices, it has a firmly scientific basis, with neuroscientific studies finding that mindfulness:
- Can help stimulate improvement in the areas of the brain associated with decision-making, attention and empathy
- Increases the area of the brain linked to regulating emotion, and improves attention, job performance, productivity and satisfaction
- Increases blood flow, reduces blood pressure and protects people at risk of developing hypertension
- Reduces the risk and severity of cardiovascular disease, and the risk of dying from it
And in the context of your business, those who learn mindfulness:
- Are less prone to stress, both physically and psychologically
- Experience positive changes in well-being
- Have an increased level of self-awareness, which leads to improved self-management
Put simply, if you’re looking for a way to improve the performance of your team AND provide a powerful perk that’ll set you apart from other businesses, and help your employees to feel better and perform better, mindfulness is worth considering.
How does Mindfulness Training from J Mann Associates work?
As fully qualified mindfulness trainers, we’re ready to help you incorporate mindfulness into your organisation.
Each package we provide is bespoke, and your training can take place online or face-to-face, in a group or 1:1.
If you’re keen to know more, pick up the phone and give us a call on 01980 622167, and we’ll be delighted to chat about how we can use mindfulness to improve your organisation.